Having a home-theatre at home is very timely since these days, going out and watching movies at movie-theatres are becoming more limited. So if you and your family love your movie time every weekend, why not invest in a home theatre instead? And of course, to make this possible, one of the essential appliances you should invest in is good quality television. So before you buy televisions online at The Good Guys, here’s what you need to know about choosing the right one.
Choose Which Type of TV You Want
By now, you are already aware that there are different types of television that you can purchase. Some are cheap, but others can be pricey. Each class has unique technologies. Through the years, screen technology has been continuously developing. Here are the types of television screens that you can buy:
- LCD TVs. They are the most used types of television screens these days. It was the most popular type of flat-screen before the LED models have been developed. The large fluorescent lamps behind the screen shine through the coloured LCD cells or Liquid Crystal Display. LCD TVs are currently the cheapest that come in different sizes.
- Plasma Screens. This type of television uses a different technology compared to the previous models mentioned in this list. Inside the screen, there are hundreds of tiny gas cells between sheets of glass. And each cell acts as small fluorescent tubes emitting UV light, giving you the red, blue, and green subpixel on the screen. And when these three pixels combine, they form the image that you see on the screen.
- LED TVs. The LED TVs are slimmer and are even brighter. They are also more efficient compared to the LCD models. This is currently the most popular screen type available on the market. It uses thousands of tiny LEDs placed behind the screen to light it up. LED TVs are a type of LCD TVs; it’s just that how it is illuminated for the display is different. LEDs have a higher picture quality.
- OLED TVs. This is the newest addition to the high-tech television options available for you to choose from. Even though there are not so many OLED TV models in the market, if you want the best for your home theatre, this is the best option.
- MicroLED TV. If you have not heard about MicroLED televisions in the past, don’t worry; you are not alone. This is incredibly new and is not widely available on the market. But if you are looking for something more high-end than the OLED TVs, then this is for you.
Now that you know the different types of television that you can choose from for your home theatre, what is the best option for you? Make sure that you pick the right one before you start adding appliances to your cart.